This 1929 photo shows A.P. Arnason of the Division of Entomology, Science Service, Canada Department of Agriculture in Saskatoon, dusting a field of sweat clover with calcium arsenate.
Jean Gordon Bayer, shown in academic dress, joined the staff of the university in 1909 as President Walter Murray's secretary. She previously had been his secretary at Dalhousie University. She arrived in Saskatoon in time to witness the registration of the first students.
The first digital computer on campus, the LGP-30, was installed in the basement of the Crop Science Building in 1957.
Pictured here is Emrys Jones, who in 1944 was appointed the first professor of Drama at the University of Saskatchewan.
Taken some time during the First World War, this image is of the university’s first dining hall in the men’s residence, Qu’Appelle Hall. Seated at the table in the top right corner and facing the camera is Winkona Wheelock Frank, the university’s first dietician.
Pictured here is a young professor John Spinks in his Thorvaldson Building laboratory sometime in the early 1930s.