${vImageAlt}
University Archives & Special Collections, RG 2015. (Patrick Hayes)

Our evolving campus

1957 Aerial View

This aerial view of the University of Saskatchewan campus and the surrounding city was taken in 1957, and shows a College Drive that has yet to be widened.

The block houses north of the road and south of the President’s Residence are still there. Griffiths stadium is in its original location at the corner of Cumberland and College.

The land north of campus was still a city subdivision consisting of a few scattered houses that had no running water.

The University Hospital, Murray Memorial Library, Memorial Union Building, Ellis Hall and St. Thomas More College had been completed in the previous two years.